Registration is now open for European Money Quiz 2021
Registration is now open for the Irish finals of the European Money Quiz 2021, a financial education quiz for 13-15 year old students. Register your students now to take part in the live online Kahoot! final at 12 noon, Tuesday 23 March 2021 when students across Ireland will play directly against each other in real time to win a chance to represent Ireland in the European finals of the quiz in April as well as a prize for themselves.
How do I take part and how does the quiz work?
- National finals will take place in over 25 countries across Europe including Ireland. The Irish finals take place at 12 noon on 23 March 2020 and teachers/students can play from their classroom or from home if necessary.
- This year due to COVID-19 restrictions students will play as individuals (and not in teams of two as per previous years) and answer 15 financial education related questions with four possible answers to choose from.
- The quiz is run online through the Kahoot! learning platform which means all students taking part across Ireland play against each other directly and in real time in their own classroom or at home if necessary.
- The student that answers the most correct questions in the fastest time wins.
- The first and second place students will go forward to represent Ireland in the European finals of the quiz taking place online on Tuesday April 20th and organised by the European Banking Federation.
- As the 2021 European final is taking place virtually due to COVID-19, the traditional prize of flying the Irish winners along with their teacher to the Brussels finals is unfortunately not possible. However in place of this we will be giving the first and second Irish winning students a €500 voucher each, with the first place student also receiving a trophy for their school.
- The European quiz finals will take place virtually on 20th April 2021.
- The first and second place students from Ireland will play against students from across Europe in a live online final. Similar to the national finals the students who answer the most correct questions in the fastest time win.
- The winning student will win a cash prize for their school.
How can I enter?
To enter simply register your class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name and contact number
- school name and address
- the number of students you wish to register – students will play as individuals this year and not in teams of two due to COVID restrictions.
- We’ll then send you a teacher’s guide to the quiz and all the other details you need
Practice quizzes can be found at the following link:
European Money Week
The European Money Quiz is organised by Banking & Payments Federation Ireland as part of European Money Week.
European Money Week is an annual initiative promoting financial education across Europe. The week is organised by national banking associations, including Banking & Payments Federation Ireland, under the coordination of the European Banking Federation. This year European Money Week 2019 will take place on 23-27 March and involve activities and young people from across more than 32 countries.